Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back to NC

Hey Bloggers !

I’m waiting for my Buddy Clint to pick me up from my parents house so we can take a small trip to Niagara for the day. I miss it. I’m not going back to school this year because for Culinary extra school isn’t a necessity. You really don’t actually have to go to school. But hey i’m 20, I was going to school lol !

Anyways, i noticed that it has been a while since i wrote to you so i thought i would get on that. I have a few photo’s i would like to show you from my cooking. I cook a lot more when i’m home because the supplies are better and well my folks have food. I think my room mates kinda enjoy it. As long as a clean up, since my room mates are my parents. Hahaha.

I made a pasta dish using Classico Spinach Sauce, and i added cream to it to make it last longer and have more of a soft taste.

moms 377  moms 378

When i make pasta i need to add some veggies or i don’t find it as good for me? The carb and sugar level is too high without something green and red. I almost never add onions though because i’m not a huge fan of them. Just my preference though, I wish i could eat them. I love onion rings though. Guilty pleasure. When i add veggies i add it into the noodle water so they get steamed and don’t loose the nutrition value. When you sauté they usually get covered in oil and seem less appealing. Don’t add them at the beginning. I usually add them with 10 minutes or less left so they don’t get all mushy.

moms 379 moms 382  moms 383

Then i after i drain out all of the water i mix in spices with my noodles so they can enhance the flavour of the meal. From every aspect of your cooking there should be flavour. :)

Plate, add cheese to the top because cheese is awesome !

moms 385 moms 386 moms 391

You can check my Flickr for the edited version of these photo’s. Although i am not sure when i’ll be getting to that. :) I’ll let you know in my next blog if i have done it. I will also attach a link.

 

This weekend coming up is may 24, i’m so excited. I love may 24. I’m not sure why, I think its because it screams out beer and camping and i love both of those things. I wish i was going camping this weekend but instead i have decided to have a small get together since my folks will be out of town. I’m not planning on destroying their house or anything. I’m a smart party thrower. I don’t usually get mad if something breaks because it’s usually nothing important. I just don’t like it when people try to mess with me. My dark side comes out. Kidding.. I don’t think my dark side is that dark unless i get really really mad. I’ll have to show you some photo’s from this week when we take some.

Last friday was my best friend Erin Middleton’s Birthday ! She turned 21. I had a blast at her party. She threw it at her boyfriends house. He’s also the guy who got me the job at Camp 31. Here’s a photo of us girls goofing around !

536509_10150948088105972_511930971_11693536_1974478281_n

Anyways, back to food. Very quickly though. I got bored the yesterday and made waffles, but i had to make them awesome so i died them blue and added raisins and chocolate chips. Also a cinnamon syrup that was more that unsuccessful.
hint: Adding food colouring usually makes your food taste like ass. #overrated.

Here’s a photo of my not so delicious waffles.

moms 392 moms 393 moms 395 moms 400

 

Ta Ta for now my friends :)

c.barber

No comments:

Post a Comment